Monday, September 30, 2013

Psalms 61

This was greatly needed by me today to read and to get into my soul. How I Love the Psalms and how God gives us comfort and  grace through His Powerful Word.
Ps 61:1 ​​​​​​​​Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer;
Ps 61:2 ​​​​​​​​from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I,
Ps 61:3 ​​​​​​​​for you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the enemy.
Ps 61:4 ​​​​​​​​Let me dwell in your tent forever! Let me take refuge under the shelter of your wings! Selah
Ps 61:5 ​​​​​​​​For you, O God, have heard my vows; you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.
Ps 61:6 ​​​​​​​​Prolong the life of the king; may his years endure to all generations!
Ps 61:7 ​​​​​​​​May he be enthroned forever before God; appoint steadfast love and faithfulness to watch over him!
Ps 61:8 ​​​​​​​​So will I ever sing praises to your name, as I perform my vows day after day.
The key word here is vows,vow which in the Hebrew tells us that a vow or vows are a promise or promises to God. I believe that when we make a vow that it is very serious and should not be taken lightly or with a flippant attitude. Are you keeping your vows?

No comments: