Tuesday, December 13, 2011

How is your Foundation?

As a 14-16 year old boy I was shipped over to my Aunt & Uncle's home in Indiana during the summer months to help my Uncle John build a addition onto their existing home. At the time I knew nothing about building a house from the ground up. Nothing and when I got there all I saw was a huge hole in the ground with mud in it. But the next day the mason and his son came and started to work and I was told to carry cinder blocks into the hole and as I saw the man work I saw the footings in the ground and I marveled how could a house be built on something like that and it was explained to me by my Uncle how weeks before the mason and himself had dug into the ground and measured and set up forms,poured concrete into those forms and how both of them worked very carefully to make sure that the footings were level and squared up.
So as the days progressed and more and more blocks were laid one atop another they became walls and they supported the frame of the house and then the roof . In all of this my Uncle John had me do many things to help the construction of this house to be reinforced and strengthen to withstand Indiana tornadoes. And as I understand this house is still standing and it has survived a few tornado's and high wind situations.
My thoughts for today are this everything we do is this life has to begin with a solid,strong,committed foundation.
As we can read and see in the bible Foundations are very important and needed: Poverbs3:19 , Job 38:4, Isaiah 28:16, Luke 6:48-49, 1st Cor.3:11, Eph.1:4, Hebrews6:1.
Those are just a few that speak of the foundation of the earth,How God made the foundations before anything,how Having Jesus Christ in you is the Foundation and Finisher of our Faith. We are to be well grounded in Jesus standing firm just as my Uncle's house was built upon solid footings that supported the whole house we have Jesus Christ supporting all that we are. He is the cornerstone of our beliefs and understanding and He is our example of how to walk and do you live as Disciples of Christ? Are you Following the Masters examples? 
How is your Foundation? Strong or weak, upright or falling apart. How is your relationships? Your Jobs? And lets not forget the most important. Where is Jesus in your Foundation? Is He part of your house that is built on sand or on bedrock? The stone that the builders rejected became the cornerstone of our Faith!  Trusting and being disciples of Jesus it's not a weak,unstable lifestyle it is power,strength and Joy in Jesus.
Amen and enjoy your day. Pax CH

1 comment: