Thursday, December 29, 2011

Struggling with Life

Many of you may have some of the same problems as I do in these Winter months. I find that my body is in more pain,and in more hurts that I can shake a stick at. Thats the physical part of how I have to roll very slowly some days,to be honest it has made me not want to write or do much of anything lately.
Now on the other hand my spiritual life has grown in ways that I could have never imagined a year ago. Trusting Jesus and accepting His plan and His ways for my life has become a path of many different ideas and plans that w/o God would never have jelled..
Yes getting up each morning I get to make funny sounds and parts of me sound like a bowl of Rice Crispies,I just chalk that up to years of abusing my body and not taking better care of my vessel.
But many of you would have a better outlook including myself each morning by remembering what Jesus did for all of us on that cross. And someday we all will get new and improved bodies with no funny sounds included. Be blessed and have a prayerful new year. Pax Carl

1 comment:

harley said...

Some of it is not "poor maintenance". For myself personally it is the onset of osteoarthuritis. As I was trying to make ends meet with a Penny Shopper Sunday Paper Route while living in Madison, I slipped on hidden ice and came down hard on my right knee. Now that arthuritis has set in that knee is in constant dull pain. If it hadn't snowed that Sunday Morning I wouldn't have slipped on the hidden ice. Jerry Garcia is a classic example of "poor maintenance", then again he was pretty heavily into the use of drugs at the expense of eating, exercising, and sleeping right. Without fully knowing of your past, I would'nt be so hard on you.
I don't blame my arthuritic condition on "poor maintenance", not when I consider all the junk food my 103 year old father has consumed in his lifetime.