Saturday, October 29, 2011

Your attitude

Yes many of us sit and tell God all about our problems and we tell Him the way we want the outcome to be. And then we wait most times impatiently and expecting the help from above to show up with a flash and bang.
 But many times we just go from overreaction to reaction as an animal might do.
 We are works in progress always being refined,tested,molded by God's Loving hands .

  So what is the point I am trying to make it is this: First your attitude determines your altitude. Second You can be proactive in dealing with your problems. Third If you complain about a situation then come up with a solution to said problem. Fourth How much energy & effort are you going to waste on something before you realize that it would be in your best interest to let God handle it.
  My example for you all is myself; I deal with chronic,severe back pain due to a failed back fusion in 2002 and now plates and screws in my left ankle. Now each day I get to decide how to be.When I get up I can moan and groan and complain on how much everything hurts and it does, And I can be crabby and whiny all day and by nightfall I would have wasted my efforts and energy on doing nothing.
  But because of who lives in me I choose to be grateful to be able to move,walk.live in this life in accordance with Jesus Christ and  to be able to share with you how God has moved in my life and by not letting my pain control me. In other words I am content with what God is doing with me and I will be glad for this is the day that the Lord has made,be glad and rejoice. For Our God is a Mighty God He reigns over all of His creation. Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, as we get older physically it does not get any easier and most of us bear the pain from an injury or 2 and the ultimate slap of adversity is a disease that claims our body and shortens our time on this earth. Cancer and heart disease are the 2 biggies. But God's Word reassurres us that as the visible person that we are is wasting away the invisible force that animates our life is being renewed with each passing day. For those of us "in Christ" this is a renewal with eternity in view. 2nd Corinthians 4:16-18 sums up the Christian attitude in a beautiful way. It reads: Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes, not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.